- Working Groups
- Contact Us
Vision, Mission & Goals
Establish Cleveland and Cuyahoga County as a model for food security through regional food system development, ensuring that every resident has access to fresh, healthy, affordable food.
Promote a just, equitable, healthy, and sustainable food system in the City of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, and Northeast Ohio.
- Create a forum that brings people together from all aspects of the food system to generate new relationships and cross learning;
- Initiate research, policies, and programs that increase food security and social and economic opportunity for food producers, distributors, and consumers;
- Advance a food security and food system development agenda at the City and County level to ensure that every resident has access to fresh, healthy, and affordable food;
- Serve as a resource to the community to assist in solution-oriented local food system development programs and projects.
We periodically revise the "action plan" devised during the development of Coalition to reflect how the structure and aims have evolved. Follow this link to view or download the 2009 Action Plan.
The Coalition coordinates quarterly forums featuring local, regional, and national speakers. These forums provide an opportunity for all coalition members to learn new ideas, build relationships with one another, and develop new projects and partnerships. Thus, a quarterly forum is probably the best entry point for someone interested in learning more about and potentially joining the Coalition.
Previous forums have highlighted:
- Faith-based community food initiatives
- Local purchasing policies from three perspectives
- Local innovations in healthy food access in underserved communities
- Methods of improving the distribution and processing infrastructure for the local food system