- Working Groups
- Contact Us
Education & Outreach
We're a "food policy coalition," but our mission is to promote an equitable, healthy, and sustainable food system. Sometimes that means promoting the good food movement to politicians and other key decision-makers. But other times it means promoting the same thing to consumers, farmers, and especially youth.
Due to the broad and cross-disciplinary nature of our work, it's natural for us to get involved in various educational projects and events. Here you'll find an easy-to-scan list of educational activities the Coalition has facilitated and contributed to. Connected to each item on the list will be supporting documentation (like downloadable documents and articles) as well as links to narrative sections on the Working Group pages (where applicable).
If a topic below interests you, you can also determine which working group it was related to and find additional narrative and documentation of it on the Working Group's page. (Note: most items below are related to a working group, though perhaps not all.)
- Quarterly Forums
- Northeast Ohio Food Congress in 2008
- Growing Cleveland at the City Club
- Community Food SkillShare
- Farmers' market workshops
- Urban Harvest Tour
- Food Policy Council meeting at 2009 Community Food Security Coalition conference
- Presentation to Health & Human Services committee of Cleveland City Council
- Local Food Guide
- 6 working group-based policy briefs